As custom home builders in Utah County, we’ve welcomed many happy clients to Utah by building their dream homes. There are so many factors that draw people to Utah. From our rapidly-growing job opportunities to our stunning and unique natural wonders, we know we’re a little biased, but we think Utah is a fantastic place to set down roots.
The state of Utah was the 45th state to join the union (1896).
Utah is 84,900 square miles (350 miles by 270 miles)
The capital of Utah is Salt Lake City(population of about 200,000)
Population and Economic Growth in Utah
People are flocking to Utah and we can certainly understand why. Our robust economy attracts many transplants. Utah County’s current population of 621,500 is far greater than it was when we first started on the scene. The Gardner Policy Institute at the University of Utah reports that almost 35,000 more people moved to Utah than away from it in 2021. Its growth rate of 1.8% in 2021 makes it the 4th fastest-growing state in the nation.
U.S. News and World Report rank Utah’s economy first in the nation, which heavily influences Utah’s #3 overall ranking on their Best States List for 2020. Sizeable growth in health-related industries, technology, aerospace, science, and construction attracts top talent from all over the world. Utah’s business-friendly environment, booming economy, and job growth of 2.5% in 2020 (more than one percent above the national average) make Utah a fantastic place to build a career.
Utah Climate and Geography
Utah has four seasons a year, so you don’t miss out on the cycle of the seasons. Each season is relatively mild, so you won’t suffer through anything like an unending northern winter or sweltering southern summer. Utah County has more sunny days per year than the U.S. average (226 versus 205). It also has fewer rainy days than the rest of the country (but more snowy days, which is great if you enjoy winter sports and our world-class snow).
Utah is home to gorgeous and varied landscapes. It includes regions of the Rocky Mountains, The Colorado Plateau, the Great Salt Flats, and the famous Great Salt Lake. Mighty rivers and landscapes host elk, desert bighorn sheep, and jackrabbits. Majestic hawks and kestrels dot the sky. The 3.15 million people in Utah leave many wild and absolutely breathtaking places, which makes remote retreats almost as enticing as suburban acreage.
Family Friendly Utah
Utah is home to great school districts, fantastic amenities, and thriving communities. Many people build their dream homes here with family in mind. Utah has notoriously fantastic universities and the nation’s highest literacy rate. Some of Utah’s best universities include Utah State University, The University of Utah, Bringham Young University, and Southern Utah University.
Outdoor wonders and big-city fun are available without too much travel within the state. Visit our many zoos, aquariums, and children’s museums, but most of us spend the lion’s share of our time outside. Salt flats, unique rock formations, and pristine white Christmases are great backdrops for an idyllic childhood.
Utah Fun Facts
- Utah is part of the Four Corners. Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico state boundaries all touch the same point. This perfect meeting of four corners happens nowhere else in the country.
- Utah is called the beehive state, not because of our honey, but because our nineteenth-century settlers felt well-represented by industrious and community-oriented bees.
- The famous Sundance Film Festival is held every year in Park City, Utah.
- Utah’s dry climate and high elevation result in powdery, text-book-perfect snow. Known to many as, “the greatest snow on earth” Utah snow and geography make winter sports a way of life.
- The Bonneville Salt Flats are ideal for speed racing. Many world record speeds have been raced set here.
- Utah is the only state where each county contains some part of a national forest.
- Some fantastic dinosaur discoveries happened in Utah. The Utahraptor is named after the state where it was discovered.
- Utah has more national parks than every state in the nation except for California and Alaska.
Building a Home in Utah County
If you’re considering building a custom home, learning a little about the custom home building process from the experts can help you feel ready to begin. Building a custom home in Utah County is a fantastic idea that will pay off for years to come. If you’re interested in a remodel or custom home in Utah County, we would be honored to speak with you.